• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP and QMail, what is the right setting?

E

ElricM

I've searched through the forums looking for the answer to this, but haven't quite found it. Mail is working normally on my system, send/receive no problems. Telnet to port 25 or 110 is less than a second.

I have -Rt0 in /etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa

The problem is when sending mail through PHP. It works correctly, but it's slow to make the connection. Like 2 minutes or more for the form to come back. I have the following in php.ini

sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

I've also tried

sendmail_path = /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject -t -i

but while that allowed the form to come back quickly, I never received any mail.

What is the proper sendmail_path for PHP when using Plesk (I'm on 7.5.3) or how can I speed this up? I don't want the user waiting 2 minutes or more for the form to return.

Thanks for any advice.

sendmail_path = /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject
or

Are correct if /usr/sbin/sendmail exists on your system.

2 minutes for the form to finish seems not related to this setting to my opinion.

Originally posted by it-biz
2 minutes for the form to finish seems not related to this setting to my opinion.
Well they obviously are since only mail sent through PHP is effected. Also, by changing php.ini to

sendmail_path = /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject -t -i

will allow the form to return immediately however no mail is ever received. Changing it back to

causes the PHP form to take 2 minutes again and I do receive the email.

OK, so here's an update:

If I stop the Dr.Web service, then this is really fast.

Anybody know how to keep Dr. Web running and speed this up? (Mail sent via a PHP form).

Thanks for your help.

Back