• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved PHP APCU Error with Nextcloud on Plesk

Fixel

New Pleskian
Hi everybody,

first of all:

im running nextcloud on my root server. And I'm not a linux professional.

Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Runs at Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS‬ with PHP version 7.0 used for nextcloud.

As in the Nextcloud performance Guide written, i tried to install APC/APCU inside Plesk to get it work with nextcloud and higher the performance.

I totally failed my plan and didn't get it work.

Since now i get errors, they are coming from the failed APCU installation. They are like every min in my nextcloud log and also in my Cron log inside Plesk. Its kinda annoying.

I dont really need the extension for php, I just wanted to test if it runs smoother or something. - Sadly I didn't get that far...

My Solution to solve this Problem is simply try to disable/uninstall/remove this extension.
But thats exactly my question, how to remove all the stuff which provides all the errors. I already tried some stuff, but didn't get it work.

Here are the Errors:

The Error inside Nextlcloud:
Code:
PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/opt/plesk/php/7.0/lib/php/modules/apcu.so' - /opt/plesk/php/7.0/lib/php/modules/apcu.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at Unknown#0

The Error inside Plesk while executing a CronJob, needed for nextcloud. (didnt get that error before installing APC)
Code:
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/opt/plesk/php/7.0/lib/php/modules/apc.so' - /opt/plesk/php/7.0/lib/php/modules/apc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/opt/plesk/php/7.0/lib/php/modules/apcu.so' - /opt/plesk/php/7.0/lib/php/modules/apcu.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/opt/plesk/php/7.0/lib/php/modules/apcu.so' - /opt/plesk/php/7.0/lib/php/modules/apcu.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Is there anyone who can help me solving my Problem?

Kind regards,

Felix

PS: I hope I'm in the correct forum right here.

First of all you need to find ini file where apcu.so module loading is specified. You can do it with following command:

# grep -R apcu.so /opt/plesk/php/7.0/etc/*

when just edit this file with commenting the line where apcu.so module is mentioned.
After that run

# plesk bin php_handler --reread

That's all.

Hi,

thank you for you're answer!

Looks fine for now, no errors atm anymore.

Thank you very much for helping me:D

Back