• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP backup

D

DoobyWho

Because of the fact plesk uses mysql3 still, i had to custom build PHP4 with the mysql4 client api so that my uploads wouldnt be capped at 16M. That was a painful process and i dont want to have to do it again if my server crashes. Any idea what I would backup so that if my server crashed i could restore my php/mysql/apache install (as well as my other files)?

thanks

You can upgrade to mysql4 and compile PHP with mysql4 client. But be aware that you must install the compatibility mysql libraries anyway because some other programs will not be happy without them.

If you need to redo a difficult build of php (it doesn't matter if it's because a system reinstall or a new server install)... why you didn't did the package (rpm, deb...)?

He needed to recompile from source to get the mysql4 client api instead of the mysql 3.23 client api. No RPM available for that.

Sorry,

I meant to make his own RPM. It's always possible to make a custom RPM that fits your need, making you able to re-install it again.

Hello again,

I think that the RPM Howto would be a good start ;)

http://www.rpm.org/RPM-HOWTO/

Most of the times, you will only need to download one SRPM, install it, modify it .spec file to fit your needs, and rpmbuild it. BTW, maybe one day you'll start your own metadistro :)

Back