• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question PHP CLI 7

Seba

Basic Pleskian
I'm trying to install Laravel via SSH but I realised that my PHP CLI is still 5 even if in the website I use 7.2

How can I use PHP 7 CLI and use all the modules include the php pgsql extension?

I have 2 problems.

1) I'm running a cron job with root and it has a pg_connect inside the php script and if I add an alias it doesn't work properly, it's complaining that pg_connect doesn't exist even if with PHP -m it say the contrary

2) I want to use PHP 7.2 also in CLI for laravel but the step 1 has to work because it's for a live website

I'm using Centos 7

You are probably using the php binary that comes with your OS. If you simply execute "php" without any path prefix, then it will use the OS PHP version.

The Plesk PHP binaries are in /opt/plesk/php/<version>/bin/

So in order to execute a script with the PHP 7.2 binary, you would have to use:
/opt/plesk/php/7.2/bin/php -f /path/to/your/php-script.php

Please also see:
How to specify command line command "php" version for SSH user on the Plesk server?
How to run a PHP script using a custom PHP executable in Plesk Scheduled Tasks?

1) Seems that if I put this /opt/plesk/php/7.2/bin/php -f /path/to/php/script in my sh script instead of just php /path/to/php/script and I use the same alias on CLI it works.
2) I'm still unable to install laravel, see screenshot.

Yes I'm using root to install laravel global

Attachments

• php.PNG
    php.PNG
    109.1 KB · Views: 11
Ok I solved it with this:

php composer global require laravel/installer

I don't understand why my shell use php 7 and composer use php 5 again.

Back