1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

PHP Compile help please

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Doctor_Cox, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Doctor_Cox

Doctor_Cox Guest

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to recompile PHP 4.4.2 under Fedora Core 2 on my Plesk installation, as I need to add full GD2 support, Mcrypt, XSLT as well as an additional library for handling credit card transactions with our bank. I'm running tests on an offline server configured identically to the online one.

I updated the PHP installation using yum and atomicrocketturtle.com before attempting recompile. After running configure, I got the following error....

I tried all sorts of different IMAP service names, but I cannot seem to pin down the exact IMAP service it refers to. Numerous web searches have been no help. Here is the configure directives I'm using, copied almost direct from the PHP install. I had to remove a couple of specific paths like --with-mcrypt=shared as it was saying it couldn't find mcrypt.h

Here is the - I think - relevant bits of config.log...

Any insight much appreciated. While I have computer experience dating back many years including some C programing, this is my first time trying to recompile something on Linux.