• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP - Error 401.3

C

customhost.eu

Hi folks!

I got a very strange problem regarding PLESK 8.2 and PHP running in CGI mode.

The problem I've got is that I'm able to switch between the PHP versions and I'm also able to run them in ISAPI mode but as soon as I try to run them in CGI mode, my webserver doesn't show me any .php pages any more - instead I receive a "401.3 Error".

You can try it out yourself here:

PHP as ISAPI (working): http://www.crazy-friends-community.net

PHP as CGI (not working): http://www.world-of-flightsim.com

(Both websites are hosted on the same system, of course ;) )

I tried installing PLESK 8.2 on a test server using Microsoft Windows 2003 Web Edition and everything worked out. As I'm using the Standard Version of Windows 2003 on my live server and it doesn't work out there, I think the problem might have something to do with the OS? Can that be possible?

I'm really helpless regarding this problem. I've been trying for nearly 1 week now to get PHP working as a CGI - unfortunately with no success :(

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance!

cheers,
Eric

Hi,

To solve this "authentication" issues, usually resetting the FTP settings (try to setup different username and password) for the affected domains do the trick, because it recreates the IIS user account.

Regards

Originally posted by amarce
Hi,

To solve this "authentication" issues, usually resetting the FTP settings (try to setup different username and password) for the affected domains do the trick, because it recreates the IIS user account.

Regards

Hi Arnau,

I tried setting up another FTP user and I also tried changing the main FTP user but nothing worked out - that's so odd :-(

Any ideas? :confused:

Originally posted by customhost.eu
The problem I've got is that I'm able to switch between the PHP versions and I'm also able to run them in ISAPI mode but as soon as I try to run them in CGI mode, my webserver doesn't show me any .php pages any more - instead I receive a "401.3 Error".

I guess you did not set Default Documents properly.

Re: Re: PHP - Error 401.3

Originally posted by sergius
I guess you did not set Default Documents properly.

Hi sergius!

Thank you for your reply.

I may sound like a real Noob now but where can I set them up properly? :confused:

it's a permission problem. When you login with your admin data you can see the domain ;)

So check your permissions!

hi Eric,

did you check the permissions on the php folder? Are your phpextensions in the right folder with the right permissions set?

[email protected] add me to your msn messenger I will help you with that.

henryk

Back