• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

php files(Symlink) are displaying as text

AbdulWahab

New Pleskian
Hi,

This is not same other question like "php file is displaying text or not executing".

In my case, the php files are indeed working fine. However the files(symlink) to the php files are not working.

For example, the normal .php files are working.

#ls -al
lrwxrwxrwx 1 ftomd psacln 9 Jul 21 2010 ystalyfera -> index.php lrwxrwxrwx 1 ftomd psacln 9 Jul 21 2010 ystradgynlais -> index.php

As you can see in the above, the websites is custom coded and all internal pages are symlink to main index.php file. These symlink files are not working and displaying as text files.

The same script working on another server(migrated from there) with Apache 2.2 and php 5.3.

New server has Apache 2.4 and php 5.4(dso), CentOS 7 with Plesk 12.5

Am i missing something?.

Any suggestions?. Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks
Abdul

Hi AbdulWahab,

actually, your question is not at all related to Plesk, it is a matter of wrong coding in PHP.

Please see: http://php.net/manual/en/function.symlink.php ( Official PHP reference and documentation )

... which will point you to the right direction, what might be wrong with your PHP scripting(s). Please consider as well to READ the answer(s) for each official PHP documentation, because they mostly contain additional informations and examples.

Hi

Thank you for the response.
The same script is working on old server with Plesk 11 and Centos 6.

The problem started after we migrated to newer Plesk 12.5 Server with Centos 7.

I am not sure how this could be php problem.

I look definitely look in the link you provided though.

Thank you for your time.

Abdul

Back