• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP FPM service failed for domain

Chris1

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

We have a client that started receiving a "503 Service Unavailable" error on their website. After taking a look at the logs I found the following.

/var/log/plesk-php56-fpm/error.log
Code:
[25-May-2016 03:37:15] NOTICE: Terminating ...
[25-May-2016 03:37:15] NOTICE: exiting, bye-bye!

/var/www/vhosts/example.com/logs/error_log
Code:
[Wed May 25 03:37:27.279428 2016] [proxy:error] [pid 10551:tid 139733187417856] (2)No such file or directory: AH02454: FCGI: attempt to connect to Unix domain socket /var/www/vhosts/system/example.com/php-fpm.sock (*) failed
This entry kept repeating hours. I ended up re-syncing them to a service plan, the problem then went away and the website became available.

I'm not sure if these two log entries are related but they happened very close to each other. What could cause the plesk-php56-fpm error log to give the above output?

Hmmm I don't think one can conclude that just because the server is a VPS that it is due to a lack of resources.

In this specific case there are no resource related issues either at the node, VPS or user level.

Back