• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

PHP-FPM with Apache on Plesk 12.5 / CentOs 6

Khorne

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have a problem with one of my Plesk installations.

I'm currently running Plesk 12.5 on CentOs 6. I want to use PHP-FPM 5.6 with Apache (without Nginx running).
In hosting settings in my subscriptions I have only the choice between :
- run PHP as CGI application (served by Apache)
- run PHP as FastCGI application (served by Apache)

If I enable Nginx service, then I have a third choice:
- run PHP as FPM application served by Nginx

On another server, running Plesk 12.5 on CentOs 7 with Nginx disabled, I have this additionnal choice:
- run PHP as FPM application (served by Apache)

And if I try to manually start "/etc/rc.d/init.d/plesk-php56-fpm" I get the following error :

[18-Jan-2016 20:56:30] WARNING: Nothing matches the include pattern '/opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php-fpm.d/*.conf' from /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php-fpm.conf at line 119.
[18-Jan-2016 20:56:30] ERROR: No pool defined. at least one pool section must be specified in config file
[18-Jan-2016 20:56:30] ERROR: failed to post process the configuration
[18-Jan-2016 20:56:30] ERROR: FPM initialization failed

If any one could help me.

Best regards

Thank you but this doesn't solve my problem.

Even if the error is only cosmetic, the service plesk-php56-fpm don't start, and in hosting settings the handler "run PHP as FPM application" is not listed.

Like I said, it works on CentOS 7 but not on CentOS 6

Hi Khorne,
I think it's due to the fact that Apache 2.2 (shipped with Centos 6) don't support PHP-FPM server by Apache.

I had the same problem and upgraded my boxes to Centos 7 (that come with Apache 2.4) to get the Apache/FPM support out of the box.

Hi Khorne,
I think it's due to the fact that Apache 2.2 (shipped with Centos 6) don't support PHP-FPM server by Apache.

I had the same problem and upgraded my boxes to Centos 7 (that come with Apache 2.4) to get the Apache/FPM support out of the box.

I didn't think about that. But after your post, I did some research, and it seems that some people can run PHP-FPM with Apache 2.2 :

https://www.linode.com/docs/websites/apache/running-fastcgi-php-fpm-on-debian-7-with-apache
http://serverfault.com/questions/549965/setting-up-apache-2-2-fastcgi-suexec-php-fpm-on-centos-6

Back