• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP-FPM with Apache on Plesk 12.5 / CentOs 6

Khorne

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have a problem with one of my Plesk installations.

I'm currently running Plesk 12.5 on CentOs 6. I want to use PHP-FPM 5.6 with Apache (without Nginx running).
In hosting settings in my subscriptions I have only the choice between :
- run PHP as CGI application (served by Apache)
- run PHP as FastCGI application (served by Apache)

If I enable Nginx service, then I have a third choice:
- run PHP as FPM application served by Nginx

On another server, running Plesk 12.5 on CentOs 7 with Nginx disabled, I have this additionnal choice:
- run PHP as FPM application (served by Apache)

And if I try to manually start "/etc/rc.d/init.d/plesk-php56-fpm" I get the following error :

[18-Jan-2016 20:56:30] WARNING: Nothing matches the include pattern '/opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php-fpm.d/*.conf' from /opt/plesk/php/5.6/etc/php-fpm.conf at line 119.
[18-Jan-2016 20:56:30] ERROR: No pool defined. at least one pool section must be specified in config file
[18-Jan-2016 20:56:30] ERROR: failed to post process the configuration
[18-Jan-2016 20:56:30] ERROR: FPM initialization failed

If any one could help me.

Best regards

Thank you but this doesn't solve my problem.

Even if the error is only cosmetic, the service plesk-php56-fpm don't start, and in hosting settings the handler "run PHP as FPM application" is not listed.

Like I said, it works on CentOS 7 but not on CentOS 6

Hi Khorne,
I think it's due to the fact that Apache 2.2 (shipped with Centos 6) don't support PHP-FPM server by Apache.

I had the same problem and upgraded my boxes to Centos 7 (that come with Apache 2.4) to get the Apache/FPM support out of the box.

Hi Khorne,
I think it's due to the fact that Apache 2.2 (shipped with Centos 6) don't support PHP-FPM server by Apache.

I had the same problem and upgraded my boxes to Centos 7 (that come with Apache 2.4) to get the Apache/FPM support out of the box.

I didn't think about that. But after your post, I did some research, and it seems that some people can run PHP-FPM with Apache 2.2 :

https://www.linode.com/docs/websites/apache/running-fastcgi-php-fpm-on-debian-7-with-apache
http://serverfault.com/questions/549965/setting-up-apache-2-2-fastcgi-suexec-php-fpm-on-centos-6

Back