• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

php mail() not recognised

S

sametch

I have just leased a dedicated linux server with plesk 7.5 installed.

All my sites that use the mail function come up with an error "unrecognised function".

My host tell me this is a problem with Plesk 7.5 not recognising the sendmail program.

Please tell me this isn't true and there is a workaround!

All my perl scripts that use sendmail work fine!

I am unable to send mail via php as well, although I'm not getting any errors. It's like the request just goes off into space and no error is logged. mail() was working before the upgrade to 7.5.1, but I haven't been able to figure out why it is no longer working.

I'm running Suse 9.1

i was able to fix this by upgrading the server to php 4.3.10

My server appear to be running suse 9.2.

The people looking after it have spend literally days trying to get to the bottom of it without success. they have even built a new server. From scratch and re-installed all my sites.

But they are getting nowhere. This is not very good :mad:

This isn't a plesk problem .. it has to be a PHP or qmail problem. Your provider should have been able to fix this by now, it should never have got as bad as having to restore the entire server - are you sure they know what they're doing?

this will sound crazy, but it's worked for me a few times, and I probably got lucky. If something is broken in plesk and you just cant figure it out, check the updater. I've run into issues with qmail, and gon in farting around with it for a few hours, getting myself angry at it, like it cares. Then, I look in the updater, and it shows qmail as having an update, even though I just ran a successful update, and then all of a sudden it worked.

It probably won't work, but it did for me a couple of times, so it might be worth a shot.

I do not know what caused the problem, but the people who ooked after my server rebuilt it using fedora instead of suse and it now works fine.

Back