• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP & MYSQL problem help please

R

rnccen

Hi there,

I used the PSA autoupdater to update the base package of plesk to 7.5, now I get an error with php saying it can't connect to mysql.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect()

I submitted a trouble ticket and the response was that I need to compile php with mysql.

How do I do it? I assumed it would be done automatically with PSA's autoupdater

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

well plesk support sux.....

Try taking a look at atomicrocketturtle.com.....You can find many psa friendly rpms. I'm really not sure what your are asking for; please provide more information.

-poke

OK I got MySQL working now I have a curl issue...curl is on the server but it is not compiled with PHP....it does not show on phpinfo.php

How to I compile php with curl since I used ART's rpm

hmm... I though curl would be compiled with the correct server release rpm(s) from A.R.T.

Did you use yum/up2date or manual rpm install?

Anyone else out there have any idea?

-poke

I'm not a Plesk expert, but I think if you download PHP, compile it with curl support, then overwrite your existing libphp4.so you'll be fine.

TM

Hello Guys,

i have a Webserver with plesk 7.5, everything is working fine but my PSA changes my PHP Update every night.

If i Update my PHP to 4.3.11 it works very well but after the night Plesk set PHP back to 4.3.4 and that SUX!

Do you have an idea to solve this problem?

I have no ideas,

Greetings from germany

BlueCHaoz

I give up...I'll pay someone to install / compile php w/curl

send me a message

Nope but I will try now

[root@sub /]# yum update php-curl
Gathering package information from servers
Getting headers from: Atomic Rocket Turtle - 7.3 - Atomic PSA-Compatible RPMS
Getting headers from: Atomic Rocket Turtle - 7.3 - Base OS RPMS mirror
Getting headers from: Atomic Rocket Turtle - 7.3 - SW-Soft PSA 7.5 RPMS
Getting headers from: Atomic Rocket Turtle - 7.3 - OS Update RPMS mirror
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
No Packages Available for Update
No actions to take

Man....I give up....anyone know how to upgrade RH7.3 to RHE3

You should check that you have it atleast:
# rpm -q php-curl
# rpm -qa | grep php
If you dont have it, just download it and install it. curl is a very common option to have compiled in, and most php is compiled with 'everything' and you just install the modules you want/need.

Back