1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

PHP & MySQL Upgrade - Help me :(

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by JediKnight, Jan 17, 2006.

1. JediKnight

JediKnight Guest

I have php and mysql softwares old versions in my plesk.How can i update this softwares? Mine system dont work with old php & mysql version. I look it but dont see anywhere to update from plesk.Im pleasure if u help me. Your sincerly.

2. swarm

swarm Guest

To update MySQL you should download packed MySQL distro from http://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/MySQL-4.1/mysql-noinstall-4.1.16-win32.zip/from/pick

Then stop 'Plesk SQL' service, rename folder 'mysql' in %plesk_dir% to 'mysql_old', unpack mysql 4.1.16 to folder 'mysql', delete folder 'data' in 'mysql' folder, copy folder 'data' from folder 'mysql_old' to 'mysql' and then start Plesk SQL service.

Same must be done for 'MySQL' service and MySQL instance located in %plesk_dir%\databases to keep clients MySQL also up to date.

What version of php do you want to use at your server. Actually PHP5 doesn't supported completely yet.