• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

php-MySQLnd conflicts with PHP-MySQL

iantresman

Basic Pleskian
My host tells me that my client is getting a php-MySQLnd conflict with PHP-MySQL Client Library (libmysql), even though the the PHP manual indicates that the MySQLnd library is part of the 5.3.0 distribution. Is there something my client can do to fix this, or a workaround at the client or server level? My hosting company is concerned that disabling php-mysql and install php-mysqlnd, might cause problems with Plesk.

My client gets the following error message:

[Wed Nov 28 12:41:27 2012] [error] [client **.**.195.102] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method mysqli_stmt::get_result() in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.co.uk/mydomain.co.uk/researchadmin/search.php on line 33, referer: http://mydomain.co.uk/researchadmin/search.php

My hosting company tells me:

It appears php-MySQLnd (Native Driver) conflicts with PHP-MySQL itself as seen here:

--> Processing Conflict: php-mysql conflicts php-mysqlnd
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
php-mysql-5.3.18-11.el5.art.x86_64 from atomic has depsolving problems
--> php-mysql conflicts with php-mysqlnd
Error: php-mysql conflicts with php-mysqlnd

My server is running Plesk 11.0.9 Update #27, CentOS 5.7 (Final), PHP Version 5.3.17, MySQL 5.5.28.

Can anyone help?

Can I disable PHP-MySQL Client Library (libmysql), and enable php-MySQLnd (native driver), without causing problems with Plesk 11?

Can anyone help?

Can I disable PHP-MySQL Client Library (libmysql), and enable php-MySQLnd (native driver), without causing problems with Plesk 11?

It would appear that parallels people don't want to discuss this topic as many others have asked the same question and none of them are being answered. I was able to do it on a test machine running plesk 10.x by first removing php-mysql then installing php-mysqlnd.

I can't guarantee that this won't break your plesk installation but here is how I did it.

rpm -e --nodeps php-mysql

yum install php-mysqlnd

This worked on centos5.10 with plesk 10. I am still waiting on someone from parallels to officially answer how it will work on plesk 11.5 because I am afraid to try it as it is a production server.

This worked on centos5.10 with plesk 10. I am still waiting on someone from parallels to officially answer how it will work on plesk 11.5 because I am afraid to try it as it is a production server.

Not official, but given the note above and additional response from prupert on this atomicorp thread.
Both packages provide the 'php-mysql' dependency that is needed by 'psa-php5-configurator'.
It appears very much safe to do on a production server.

I myself went ahead and switched the packages on CentOS 7.3 and Plesk Onyx 17 without any issues.
(I had the error after a migration from CentOS 5 to a VPS with a MariaDB 10 setup)

Last edited:
Back