• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP settings having no effect for subscription?

LeonardChallis

New Pleskian
Hi all,

I'm trying to get propel installed and working on my plesk system - I have 11.0.9 installed on CentOS.

I want to remove the restrictions from open_basedir but it seems no matter what I put in to the custom box or whether I select default/none/etc, it never makes a difference to the phpinfo() output for my domain. I've tried it on other domains too. These domains are using the service place that I'm changing the PHP settings for and are synced OK.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or even a link to any literature/reading on getting propel working in this environment would be fantastic.

Cheers

FYI - I've tried editing the httpd virtual host config file directly and restarting apache too but still nothing - I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct one (the /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/conf/last_httpd.include one), though. Any ideas?

Sub domains!

OK, it seems that the problem is actually because of sub-domains. I managed to get it working on a normal domain - but the sub-domain is ignoring the settings. On the domain, with phpinfo() I see the correct output but on the sub-domain o that same domain it is different.

Any ideas why?

I have the same problem, php settings having no effect for customizing subscription. I try to change post_max_size and upload_max_filesize settings, after applying of new settings and restart of my server php.ini file data changed but settings of phpMyadmin are not changed, мaximum upload size of the database file remains unchanged at 2.048 MB

OK, it seems that the problem is actually because of sub-domains. I managed to get it working on a normal domain - but the sub-domain is ignoring the settings. On the domain, with phpinfo() I see the correct output but on the sub-domain o that same domain it is different.

Any ideas why?

Well, are you trying to set different php settings for "normal" domain or subdomain? If you've changed only for "normal" domain, will that effect your subdomain? No. You have to change settings for subdomain you want to customize. In the control panel click on "Websites & domains", scroll down where is list of domains/subdomains and click on subdomain for which you want to customize php settings. After you clicked, click on tab "PHP Settings", scroll down and you will see some text area where you put new values.

I have the same problem, php settings having no effect for customizing subscription. I try to change post_max_size and upload_max_filesize settings, after applying of new settings and restart of my server php.ini file data changed but settings of phpMyadmin are not changed, мaximum upload size of the database file remains unchanged at 2.048 MB

Maybe you're editing wrong php.ini? Does your pages run as apache module, fast cgi? You can check that by click in your control panel, "Websites & domains" -> scroll down where is the list of domains/subdomains, click on domain you want, scroll down and you will see "PHP support (run as .....)". You can check the same with creating new file in your web directory of domain, php file containing <?php phpinfo(); ?> and access it through your web browser. You will find something like "loaded configuration file : /etc/php5/<smth>/php.ini

OR you can customize settings as i described above.

Note: Sometimes this settings in "PHP Settings" i mentioned just vanish, disappear, i still didn't figure it out how, is it after some updates, changes to subscription, so make sure you type somewhere what you did where, for which domain and settings.

Back