• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved PHP Warning: parse_ini_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect

LionKing

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Linux Ubunto 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition Version 18.0.58 Update #2
I'm seeing this issue on our Plesk server:

PHP Warning: parse_ini_file(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/opt/plesk/php/8.1/etc/php.ini) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/somdomain.com/:/tmp/) in /var/www/vhosts/some-domain.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/booknetic-payment-square/vendor/apimatic/jsonmapper/src/JsonMapper.php on line 129

I see that there is a reference to WP plugins so I'm not certain if the plugin is the issue or that the system doesn't get full access to the php.ini file in Linux?

Any thoughts on how to solve this?

Kind regards

You could add the path to the PHP configuration directory to the "open_basedir" setting in your PHP settings. However, I believe that this will make your server very unsafe, because then scripts will be able to access all the files stored there and maybe even change them.

You could add the path to the PHP configuration directory to the "open_basedir" setting in your PHP settings. However, I believe that this will make your server very unsafe

Yes, not worth it. I guess Ishould just ignore it as it is probably the plugin that is making a code request to somewhere it shouldn't.

Back