• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Php shmop extension

Dacey

New Pleskian
Hello !
I need the "shmop" php module for one of my sites. Why is this module not available in the php7.4 automatically installed by Plesk ? Is there a simple way to add it ?
I am on on Debian/Stretch.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello,

Why is this module not available in the php7.4 automatically installed by Plesk ?
This extension doesn't popular, and thus, it doesn't included to plesk php distribution

Is there a simple way to add it ?
You need to compile it from source: (following steps should be done on your Plesk server)
1. Install required packages for php extension compilation: apt install plesk-php74-dev build-essential
2. Download php sources from PHP: Downloads for required PHP version (last version is 7.4.4 in your case)
3. Unpack downloaded source
4. Go to shmop extension location: cd php-7.4.4/ext/shmop
5. Run phpize: /opt/plesk/php/7.4/bin/phpize
6. Run configure: ./configure --with-php-config=/opt/plesk/php/7.4/bin/php-config
7. Build and install extension: make && make install
8. Load extension to php: echo "extension=shmop.so" >> /opt/plesk/php/7.4/etc/php.d/shmop.ini
9. Ensure that extension is loaded: run /opt/plesk/php/7.4/bin/php -m and check that shmop present in extensions list (or just run phpinfo)

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Thank you Mizar. Where should I unpack the php-7.4.4 source ? I mean in which directory ?

Hello,

In home directory of user. And note, make install require superuser rights

Thank you for efficient your help. It worked perfectly.
I guess I can get rid of the php-7.4.4 source after the compilation (in order to save 100MB of memory) ?

Hello,

I guess I can get rid of the php-7.4.4 source after the compilation (in order to save 100MB of memory) ?
Sure. You can also uninstall previously installed packages (build-essentials and plesk-php74-dev, and it's requirements)

Back