• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP Sites are VERY slow !

T

Toepes

Since a fresh install of the server with windows 2003 and Plesk 7.5.4 I noticed that PHP things are very slow.

Also installing from the applicationvault is extreme slow.

I can't find anything that could couse this.

anyone a suggestion where to look ?:confused:

Hi,

PHP works as php.exe file, so I guess you have to check your antivirus settings.

This tip helps! PHP sites are some faster since i excluded php.exe from scannig.
At least the plesk interface now loads much faster.

Although it still looks as PHP things are sloweddown somehow.

Thanks for your help

We had the same problem (went from installing Apache/PHP manually to using Plesk).

We ended up enabling output_buffers in php.ini...an amazing difference.

There is, of course, a small risk involved (small to us, since our sites reuse the same php pages again and again and again) in that the buffer might get large and cause cache problems.

Anyway, here's a link to more details so you can see if this'll work for you:

http://forum.sw-soft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25956

Output buffering was enabled I assume it is done when plesk was installed.

Could it be that there is another Php.ini that must be changed ?

output buffering was not enabled on our install - we had to enable it.

The php.ini in the \windows folder (for us c:\windows\php.ini) is the one. There are php.ini files in other places, but this one is what php uses when loading.

I believe you can set specific php.ini files for each domain independently, in which case, those values will override the main php.ini settings...but only for that domain. To do this, you make a copy of the php.ini file, copy it into a domain folder (can't remember which one) and change it to suit the needs of that domain.

So...if one of the 'domain php.ini' files is there, and output buffering is off on that one, it'll override the main php.ini settings.

Hope this helps.

Ok i think i have a lot to search for. Let you know the results !

I recently performed this operation and I did notice an increase in performance. The site is still not lightning fast, but it is definitely much faster than it was. My default installation was working fine, but every page load took about 2-3 seconds. Now, each page load seems to be about 1.0s. Still slow, but good enough for now.

Thanks for the tip.

Back