• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP Support only for FastCGI?

Manuel_Gomez

New Pleskian
Hi,

In my Plesk 12.0, I installed support por PHP 5.3, and 5.4.
But when I go to configure my site, I only can select these versions if I put PHP like FastCGI:

But in "Apache Module" I only can select PHP 5.3.3:

My WebSite doesn't work with FastCGI, only with "Module Apache".

Why I cannot select 5.3.29 with "Module Apache". I need this.

Thanks,
Manuel

Pictures are not visible in your post. Please fix it.

Apache cannot run multiple PHP versions for mod_php (Apache module).
If you cannot make your site working in FastCGI, then your only option is to upgrade mod_php from OS updates.

The pictures:

php_mod_apache.png php_fastcgi.png

More info:
# ./php_handlers_control --list
id: display name: version: type: cgi-bin: cli-bin: php.ini: system
module 5.3.3 5.3.3 module /usr/bin/php-cgi /etc/php.ini
fastcgi 5.3.3 5.3.3 fastcgi /usr/bin/php-cgi /etc/php.ini
cgi 5.3.3 5.3.3 cgi /usr/bin/php-cgi /etc/php.ini
plesk-php53-fastcgi 5.3.29 5.3.29 fastcgi /opt/plesk/php/5.3/bin/php-cgi /opt/plesk/php/5.3/bin/php /opt/plesk/php/5.3/etc/php.ini *
plesk-php54-fastcgi 5.4.39 5.4.39 fastcgi /opt/plesk/php/5.4/bin/php-cgi /opt/plesk/php/5.4/bin/php /opt/plesk/php/5.4/etc/php.ini *
plesk-php54-cgi 5.4.39 5.4.39 cgi /opt/plesk/php/5.4/bin/php-cgi /opt/plesk/php/5.4/bin/php /opt/plesk/php/5.4/etc/php.ini *
plesk-php53-cgi 5.3.29 5.3.29 cgi /opt/plesk/php/5.3/bin/php-cgi /opt/plesk/php/5.3/bin/php /opt/plesk/php/5.3/etc/php.ini *

Why "module" PHP 5.3.29 and 5.4.39 are not when I install the Support by Plesk componentes (only for cgi and fastcgi).

Thanks and sorry for my english.

mod_php is an outdated technology which cannot have multiple PHP versions.
If you want to benefit from additional PHP versions coming from Plesk, you will need to fix your site to support FastCGI.

Thanks Sergey,
I cannot do the update by Plesk?
If I do the update by OS, then I will need to do any more in Plesk for notice this.

Thanks

Hi Manuel,

By now you will need to make update in your OS. In next version of Plesk we expect to be able to make OS updates, but not now unfortunately.
If you do OS update, you most probably won't need any special action in Plesk. Perhaps Plesk will keep showing previous version of mod_php for another day, but it shall not be a real problem.

Regards

Hello,

Is it possible your website isn't working with FastCGI due to the fact that files are probably owned by the Apache user?

You could try changing ownership of all your website files to the FTP user and then switch to FastCGI.

Back