• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP upgraded screwed up big time, need SERIOUS help!!

D

DaveNET@

Hi.

I have a PHP upgrade gone bad. I'm in way over my head. I need a Linux super-guru.

We're running Debian 3.1. Tried upgrading PHP to 4.4.1 which turns out has a bug and mod_rewrite doesn't work right. So upgraded to the current snapshot of 4.2.2.

I think I had too many fingers in the fire, so to speak. So now PHP doesn't work. To see what is wrong, visit http://www.beenanza.com/phpinfo.php

What's weird is that one of my other domains works ok, http://www.ibosystems.com/phpinfo.php

Most PHP pages act like the Beenanza one. On IBOSystems, I get mostly blank pages (the ones I've tried).

I think what happened is that a config file got messed up and we didn't notice until Apache restarted which must have happened about 12 hours ago. That is when this all started.

I am stuck and need someone really good. I had a couple techs work on this today and they were completely stumped.

David

Hi,

first of all: I think it was not a good idea to upgrade to PHP-4.4.x. This is what you can find in the release notes:

"The increased middle digit was required because the fix that corrected the problem with references changed PHP's internal API, breaking binary compatibility with the PHP 4.3.* series. This means that all binary extension modules need to be recompiled in order to work with this release."

I fear there are a lot of problems coming your way for this upgrade and would recommend to downgrade to the latest build of 4.3.x.

Nevertheless the problem with PHP pages not being recognised as PHP pages is a different one - but to solve this in an appropriate amount of time, root access to the server is needed.

If you're willing to give that, please contact me. Otherwise it would need hours to find out whats going on on your server.

Back