• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue PHP Version/Handler change - server-wide security policy

ChristophRo

Regular Pleskian
I call this a bug and not "working as expected" as possibly hinted in other threads?!?

Note: I am testing this with a fresh Plesk 17.5/Ubuntu16.04 and Plesk17.8/Debian9 installation and did NOT change/adjust anything in the site_isolation_settings.ini or anywhere else.

Now, in the "Service Plans", when the flag for "Setup of potentially insecure web scripting options that override provider's policy" is NOT set, we get a "This setting conflicts with the server-wide security policy" warning popup, whenever we change the PHP version or PHP handler.

Moreover it seems to arbitrary choose the lowest available version of PHP as the "secure" one, as when I per example install a custom PHP 5.6 on Debian9, the panel then wants this one to be selected... (before the installation of PHP 5.6, it was the 7.0 version that was considered "secure")

The same behaviour does not happen, when the PHP version or handler gets changed on the subscription/domain itself, despite the "Setup of potentially insecure web scripting options that override provider's policy" is not set.

Back