• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP version installed and set for a domain but not in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoyoteKG

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I recently installed PHP 5.6 and 7.0, and seted it to a domain, but I can't install Magento.

I tried to folow some instructions for magento dev forum, and did it report that I using 5.4.36 version.

Code:
# composer install
Running composer as root/super user is highly discouraged as packages, plugins and scripts cannot always be trusted
Loading composer repositories with package information
Installing dependencies (including require-dev) from lock file
Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

Problem 1
    - magento/framework 100.0.6 requires php ~5.5.0|~5.6.0|~7.0.0 -> your PHP version (5.4.36) does not satisfy that requirement.
    - magento/framework 100.0.6 requires php ~5.5.0|~5.6.0|~7.0.0 -> your PHP version (5.4.36) does not satisfy that requirement.
    - Installation request for magento/framework 100.0.6 -> satisfiable by magento/framework[100.0.6].

what to do?

I'm using dedicated server with Debian

Try to add path to needed php version as alias in /root/.bashrc

alias php='/opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php'

Then reload .bashrc with

# . ~/.bashrc

Before this action:

# php -v
PHP 5.3.3 (cli) (built: Feb 9 2016 10:21:34)
Copyright (c) 1997-2010 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection from ioncube24.com (unconfigured) v5.0.12, Copyright (c) 2002-2015, by ionCube Ltd.

After this action:

# php -v
PHP 7.0.5 (cli) (built: Apr 15 2016 12:50:44) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v7.0.6-dev, Copyright (c) 1999-2016, by Zend Technologies

I'm not sure if it help but you can try at least.

Unfortunatealy, i answered too fast...

Yes, now when I'm trigger php -v, it shows PHP 7.0.5, but if I want to triger some command I got this message

root@server /var/www/vhosts/px90.info/map.px90.info/bin # ./magento sampledata:remove
Magento supports PHP 5.5.0 or later. Please read http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v1.0/install-gde/system-requirements.html

root@server /var/www/vhosts/px90.info/map.px90.info/bin # php -v
PHP 7.0.5 (cli) (built: Apr 5 2016 16:24:15) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.0.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies
with Zend OPcache v7.0.6-dev, Copyright (c) 1999-2016, by Zend Technologies

Code:
    cd <your Magento install dir>/bin and run them as ./magento <command name>
    php <your Magento install dir>/bin/magento <command name>

two ways to run this command.

Have you tried

php <your Magento install dir>/bin/magento <command name>?

Last edited:
Hi CoyoteKG,

please make sure to run PHP - commands with the correct path ( depending to your choosen PHP - version ) over the command line. If you choose one of Plesk PHP packages, pls. be informed, that the paths are:

/opt/plesk/php/5.2/bin/php
/opt/plesk/php/5.3/bin/php
/opt/plesk/php/5.4/bin/php
/opt/plesk/php/5.5/bin/php
/opt/plesk/php/5.6/bin/php
/opt/plesk/php/7.0/bin/php

The commands without the full path will rely on your basic PHP installation(s).

I'm using dedicated server with Debian
I recently installed PHP 5.6 and 7.0

If you installed for example the PHP - packages from Ondřej Surý on your system, the command for the PHP 7 cli - command would be "php7.0". Pls. investigate possible available commands at "/usr/bin", to choose the correct, desired version.

If you followed the Magento guide from http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/install-gde/install-quick-ref.html , you will see for example the command:
Code:
php /var/www/html/magento2/bin/magento setup:install --base-url=http://192.0.2.5/magento2/ \
--db-host=localhost --db-name=magento --db-user=magento --db-password=magento \
--admin-firstname=Magento --admin-lastname=User [email protected] \
--admin-user=admin --admin-password=admin123 --language=en_US \
--currency=USD --timezone=America/Chicago --use-rewrites=1
... which you might have to modify, depending to your available commands for your installed PHP - version(s), or choose the FULL path for the Plesk-PHP you choosed on your (sub)domain, as described above.

Investigations are much easier, if you provide more informations ( as for example, HOW you installed "PHP 5.6 and 7.0" )...

... but at the end, the question from @IgorG is still not answered:
Could you please clarify a little bit why you install it from source instead of easy installation from Apps Catalog?

Sorry because late respond, I was not online..

This thread can be closed. I moved site on another server, because it needs to be done immediately.
Now I can't test your suggestions.

For question, why I did not install it from Apps Catalog.
Well... I'm new with those Magento and Plesk stuff.
I tried to install it via Apps Catalog, but I received error about PHP or something.
Then I Upgraded Plesk, then PHP, then MySQL to fulfill Magento 2.0 prerequisites.
And after that I was run into problems like I described in another theme... And till now I did not tried to install it via App Catalog.
But next time I will surely.

Thanks to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back