• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs PHP Version is not used by nextcloud

stefan-franz

Basic Pleskian
Username: stefan-franz

TITLE

PHP Version is not used by nextcloud

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian - newest version

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

My Nextcloud (installed at 24.04.2021 on Plesk with the Nextcloud Installer unter Plesk), use PHP 7.2 although i hat to set 7.3 in the website settings / php.

The question is, why did nextcloud on installing take V7.2 instead of 7.3 oder 7.4.

php 7.4 memory is default on 128 MB - nextcloud suggest 512 MB

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

I did crash my server - at the moment a backup restore is running, so i can not send screenshots - but if they were helpful, i send you after 1-2 days, when my server is online.

ACTUAL RESULT

After restore i use nextcloud with php v7.2 - i don't know how to switch to 7.3 or 7.4

EXPECTED RESULT

I hope you find the bug and bring a update

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Hello, maybe it works right:
I switched now in plesk (Plesk Obsidian 18.0.35 Update #2, ) to php 7.4
And now in the nextcloud admin settings - overview stands now: The PHP memory limit is below the recommended value of 512MB.
In php 7.3 it was able to swith to 512 MB, but in 7.4 the default and max value is 128 MB
So i think, nextcloud 21.0.1.2 uses the php 7.4 right.

2 things:
Could you in plesk add a option für 512 MB memory? (if not, how can i adjust it?)
Is the overview report of nextcloud sure the right info to check the right php version?

I just had a phone call with an administrator who often installs nextcloud and who said it was a Plesk bug that he had known for about 8 months.
A manual intervention via ssh on the server to change something here would only cause further errors.
Please dear Plesk team, fix the bug.

Back