• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP warnings during plugin updates

Denis Gomes Franco

Regular Pleskian
Lately I've been getting these warnings when updating a manually uploaded plugin:

Installation "xxx": An error occurred when installing the "xxx" plugin on the website with the ID xx:

PHP Warning: Declaration of WP_CLI\UpgraderSkin::feedback($string) should be compatible with WP_Upgrader_Skin::feedback($string, ...$args) in /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli/php/WP_CLI/UpgraderSkin.php on line 59

Warning: Declaration of WP_CLI\UpgraderSkin::feedback($string) should be compatible with WP_Upgrader_Skin::feedback($string, ...$args) in /opt/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli/php/WP_CLI/UpgraderSkin.php on line 59

Descompactando o pacote... Instalando o plugin... Removendo a versão antiga do plugin... Plugin atualizado com sucesso. Success: Installed 1 of 1 plugins.

The plugin is then installed successfully but it is not activated on the selected sites.

Also, it doesn't seem that after this operation the plugin list gets updated, eg., I have to force a manual scan for updates in order to see the results of this operation.

Yes, I did this from the Wordpress toolkit, that's why I posted it in this forum. And this was not an 'unexpected error' error, please reread my message. Looks like the Plesk team will need to do some upgrading on the toolkit.

Also, PHP 7.3 here.

Hey guys,

This bug is fixed in the upcoming 4.4.0 version of WPT. We hope to release this version very soon. Issue ID for reference: EXTWPTOOLK-3938. Stay tuned for the announcements!

We're seeing similar error messages at random during the overnight WP Toolkit maintenance run:

Code:
Website xxx: Unable to update plugin 'contact-form-7_5.1.5_1_', details: PHP Warning: Declaration of WP_CLI\UpgraderSkin::feedback($string) should be compatible with WP_Upgrader_Skin::feedback($string, ...$args) in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli/php/WP_CLI/UpgraderSkin.php on line 59
Warning: Declaration of WP_CLI\UpgraderSkin::feedback($string) should be compatible with WP_Upgrader_Skin::feedback($string, ...$args) in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli/php/WP_CLI/UpgraderSkin.php on line 59
Enabling Maintenance mode...
Downloading update from https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/contact-form-7.5.1.6.zip...
Unpacking the update...
Installing the latest version...
Removing the old version of the plugin...
Plugin updated successfully.
Disabling Maintenance mode...
name old_version new_version status
contact-form-7 5.1.5 5.1.6 Updated
Success: Updated 1 of 1 plugins.

Yet, there's several instances of Contact Form 7 that are updated successfully right after this message in the email.

For the past week, WP Toolkit was complaining about a theme (I've seen this type of error message more than a few times in the past):

Code:
Website xxx: Unable to update theme 'Avada_6.1.2_1_', details: PHP Warning: Declaration of WP_CLI\UpgraderSkin::feedback($string) should be compatible with WP_Upgrader_Skin::feedback($string, ...$args) in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli/php/WP_CLI/UpgraderSkin.php on line 59
Warning: Declaration of WP_CLI\UpgraderSkin::feedback($string) should be compatible with WP_Upgrader_Skin::feedback($string, ...$args) in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/vendor/wp-cli/wp-cli/php/WP_CLI/UpgraderSkin.php on line 59
Warning: The package could not be installed. "PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature"
Downloading update from xxx/wp-admin/admin.php?page=avada&deferred_download=1&item_id=2833226...
Using cached file '/var/www/vhosts/xxx/.wp-cli/cache/theme/Avada-6.1.2.php'...
Unpacking the update...
name old_version new_version status
Avada 6.1.2 6.1.2 Error
Success: Theme already updated.

Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.21 Update #3
WordPress Toolkit Version 4.3.4-2520
WordPress 5.3
PHP v7.3.12

works thanks. i still have an update notification on my plugins page, but the main update circle notification is gone :)

Back