• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

php with soap - php53-common vs. php-common

G

GeoffM

I am needing to add soap support to my servers. We are running CentOS 5.6 and Plesk 10.4.4. Using yum (yum install php-soap) produces a dependency error:

php53-common-5.3.3-1.el5_7.3.i386 from updates has depsolving problems
--> php53-common conflicts with php-common
Error: php53-common conflicts with php-common

On a standard server without plesk it would not be an issue to resolve this but I do not want to break anything in Plesk. What is the right way to install this module without breaking anything?

Note that if it wasn't in your default Plesk install and if you installed it with "yum install php53-soap" don't forget to do your usual "service httpd reload" afterwards. I was pulling my hair out :)

soap not loading

Need to install SOAP.
Running Magento on website.
-----------------------

Steps to install:
[root@srv1 etc]# uname -i
i386

[root@srv1 etc]# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 5.5 (Final)

PHP Version => 5.3.3

[root@srv1 etc]# yum install php53-soap.i386
Package php53-soap is obsoleted by php-soap, trying to install php-soap-5.3.20-13.el5.art.i386 instead
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package php-soap.i386 0:5.3.20-13.el5.art set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: php-common = 5.3.20-13.el5.art for package: php-soap
--> Processing Dependency: php-common = 5.3.15-7.el5.art for package: php-mcrypt
---> Package php-common.i386 0:5.3.20-13.el5.art set to be updated
---> Package php-mcrypt.i386 0:5.3.20-13.el5.art set to be updated
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Restarted apache

[root@srv1 etc]# php -i | grep soap
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/soap.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/soap.so: undefined symbol: zval_property_ctor in Unknown on line 0

[root@srv1 etc]# php -i | grep 'PHP Version'
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/soap.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/soap.so: undefined symbol: zval_property_ctor in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/fileinfo.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/fileinfo.so: undefined symbol: zval_property_ctor in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/zip.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/zip.so: undefined symbol: zval_property_ctor in Unknown on line 0

Before the yum soap install, I was getting the same error message when I grep search for the php.ini file.
[root@srv1 ~]# php -i | grep ini
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/fileinfo.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/fileinfo.so: undefined symbol: zval_property_ctor in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/zip.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/zip.so: undefined symbol: zval_property_ctor in Unknown on line 0

Thoughts? Next steps?
Thanks in advance.

Looks like you have a mix of php bits from different repos there - both stock and ART (Atomic).

Someone has added a reply to your post on the Atomic forum, so it may be best to continue there :)

Repository. Which One?

Okay. Learning as I go. I now see there are different packages.
Not sure how to uninstall via yum.

These are the most recent packages:
php-common-5.3.20-13.el5.art
php-mcrypt-5.3.20-13.el5.art
php-soap-5.3.20-13.el5.art

To get a clean set of files what do you suggest?
And if you recommend removing them, not sure about ssh commands. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Would this work for ssh?
yum remove php-common-5.3.20-13.el5.art
And continue down the list of the 3 above?
If not, what would you suggest?

Next item is how to tell server where to pull packages from.
I typed in # yum install php53-soap.i386.
I seem to have gone to the atomicorp.com repository.
Not sure why.

----------Edit-------
Have successfully removed the "php-soap-5.3.20-13.el5.art" with "yum remove php-soap-5.3.20-13.el5.art"

Found the package php53-soap.
Issued yum install command and it says it's obsolete and trys to reinstall the previous 5.3.20 version of soap that I just removed. See below.

# yum install php53-soap
addons | 1.9 kB 00:00
addons/primary_db | 1.1 kB 00:00
atomic | 1.9 kB 00:00
atomic/primary_db | 692 kB 00:00
base | 1.1 kB 00:00
base/primary | 967 kB 00:00
base 2725/2725
c5-testing | 1.9 kB 00:00
c5-testing/primary_db | 1.5 MB 00:00
extras | 2.1 kB 00:00
extras/primary_db | 166 kB 00:00
updates | 1.9 kB 00:00
updates/primary_db | 91 kB 00:00
Reducing CentOS-5 Testing to included packages only
Finished
Setting up Install Process
Package php53-soap is obsoleted by php-soap, trying to install php-soap-5.3.20-13.el5.art.i386 instead
Resolving Dependencies
---> Package php-soap.i386 0:5.3.20-13.el5.art set to be updated
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

======================================================================================================================================================
Package Arch Version Repository Size
======================================================================================================================================================
Installing:
php-soap i386 5.3.20-13.el5.art atomic 280 k

Transaction Summary
Install 1 Package(s)
Upgrade 0 Package(s)

Total download size: 280 k
Is this ok [y/N]: n
Exiting on user Command
Complete!
[root@]#

Last edited:
Did the research and a few "hail marys".

Uninstalled packages that were inconsistent.
Used the atomic repo for the php 5.3.20 install/upgrade.

Had a few plesk related items that are documented here: http://kb.parallels.com/en/111630

Had to install soap & mcrypt for magento installation.

Safe Mode was on. Commented it out in php.ini file.

All seems to be working.
These boards are invaluable and always appreciate your help.

Back