1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Php

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Romanion, May 31, 2007.

1. Romanion

Romanion Guest

I have server with CentOS 4.x installed with Plesk 8.1.1

On server installed php 4.3, but i need php 4.4...

How i can update it to php 4.4 without any problems?
    I think i can do that by command "yum", but i need commend to update php only to 4.4.4 not to 5.

And how i can update mysql to latest stable vervion(mysql4)

Thanks!

2. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

There are no official PHP 4.4 packages for CentOS 4. Red Hat (and thus CentOS) backports fixes instead of doing version upgrades, so if you want to upgrade to PHP 4.4 for security reasons: there is no need to, just make sure you install the latest patched packages by running 'yum update' regularly. (See http://www.redhat.com/advice/speaks_backport.html for more info.)

If you really need functionality that is only available in PHP 4.4 or later I guess you're out of luck with the default repositories. You could maybe install PHP 5.1 from the CentOS Plus repository in that case.