• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP5 and Apache2 support

Z

zhwau

Hello,

I'm a newcomer to Plesk and a convert from cPanel 10. As we've decided to install Plesk on our dedicated server to manage it instead of cPanel, we've decided to switch to using PHP5 as our main programming base, since the language is much more consistent in its fifth incarnation.

However, we were a bit dissapointed with the unavailability of support for PHP5 in Plesk 7.5. I've read that it's because of operating system's lack of support for this version of PHP5, so I decided to check on any upcoming support.

My question is, is it safe to hold my breath in anticipation for PHP5 support for Red Hat Enterprise and Plesk?

-Klmn

Will have a look at it, thanks.

Got a reply from our server host provider, they say they have tested PHP5 with Plesk Reloaded 7.5 and it seems to work fine, so we're going to go ahead and install PHP5 anyway.

May not be production stable yet, but good enough for now. It's about time we got a PHP5-enabled server.

What specific version of Plesk did they test with? 7.5.2, 7.5.3, 7.5.4 ???

Not sure, but I figure they tested it on the same version that we have installed - 7.5.4.

Back