• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

php5 as cgi

B

BasicMind

Guest
okay I've found bits and bobs on this subject but nothing that really 100% helps me, thats cos I'm not an expert.

Okay I have a server with 1&1, running Fedora Core (3 I think) plesk 7 reloaded. currently running php4 as a mod (again I think).

what I would like is to have php5 running as a cgi(unless anybody can see why this might be a bad idea). so that I can have php5 scripts running with .php5 extension.

Is there an easy YUM thing I can do here like yum install php5-cgi(I tried that alread)?
 
I think you would need to recompile php to get it to work as a module. oneandone compile php as cgi.
 
Back
Top