• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP5, I want it!!! But how?

I guess I don't really understand how the mysql packages are "mixed up" I got all 3 from mysql.com and the php-mysql is just your gateway to get the two to work together correct?

The reason why I can't use yum to upgrade mysql is because it doesn't recognize that it is installed. I don't think I really want to delete mysql from the server and install from your packages do I? I don't want to lose any of the current databases, users etc.

How can yum recognize mysql?

semi-sorta-kinda. They do things differently than I do, which prevents me from supporting their implementation. They use different naming conventions, init scripts, and as its effecting you, different paths to libraries.

So what is the correct way to get a mysql version running that Yum detects?

Would I do a "rpm -e" on the 3 mysql packages I have installed then install with yum? Would that destroy my current databases? I think previously the install of mysql via yum wasn't working because there were 2 conflicting versions on the server.

Back