• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

php5 settings for individual sites

J

Jakev

In php4, we can create a php.ini file in our httpdocs folder, which provides custom php settings for that website. However, this apparently is disabled with php5.

Is there a way to create custom php settings for different sites while still using php5?

We are running win2k8, plesk 8.3, and php5 as CGI app.

Thank you,
-Jake

Thank you sergius,

I have a quick follow up, to make sure I'm on the right page.

It seems Plesk is using IIS7, and ::most:: of what is referenced in those two pages seem to be directed at Apache... but there is this section that I ::assume:: will work with II7:

Changing PHP configuration via the Windows registry

When running PHP on Windows, the configuration values can be modified on a per-directory basis using the Windows registry. The configuration values are stored in the registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\PHP\Per Directory Values, in the sub-keys corresponding to the path names. For example, configuration values for the directory c:\inetpub\wwwroot would be stored in the key HKLM\SOFTWARE\PHP\Per Directory Values\c\inetpub\wwwroot. The settings for the directory would be active for any script running from this directory or any subdirectory of it. The values under the key should have the name of the PHP configuration directive and the string value. PHP constants in the values are not parsed. However, only configuration values changeable in PHP_INI_USER can be set this way, PHP_INI_PERDIR values can not.

Am I correct in that adding/changing these registry values will change my PHP settings thru IIS, and that this is the best (or only) way to do things with php5 (aka, no way to make these changes inside Plesk itself)?

Thanks again,
Jake

Am I correct in that adding/changing these registry values will change my PHP settings thru IIS, and that this is the best (or only) way to do things with php5 (aka, no way to make these changes inside Plesk itself)?

Yep, You are correct.

Plesk does not allow to manage PHP veriables through CP yet.

Back