• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PHP5 | Ubuntu 6.06/Debian | Plesk 8.2

W

webeffect

Does anyone have a definitive solution to providing php5 support within Plesk?

I have been looking through the code samples provided for older versions of Plesk and unfortunately none of them seem to work.

Seems like the impossible but also must be do-able...

Thanks

on debian you can take debian etch (which comes with php5) or the dotdeb repository...

we have no problems with them ...

Hi,

hm the solution of danliker is right and if you dont want to upgrade to etch it will be the best to use the dotdeb packages I also think. I run them on an sarge system with no problems so my present Configuration is Plesk 8.2, sarge and php5.2.3.

Sounds good.

I have completed a network installation of Debian Etch and am now installing plesk 8.2

I have added the dotdeb repository to my sources for apt-get.

What packages should I request from the repository?

Thanks

Hi

hm I think you dont need any package from dotdeb because Etch (debian 4.0) comes eith PHP5. The dotdeb packages are only for the case that you want to have debian sarge with php5. If you use Etch I would suggest that you use only the packages from debian so they are the tested and most stable packages for the os.

Br,

dkuwi

Thanks for the help.

I have all packages install now but plesk is still running with php4. Should i look in the apache conf files and load the php5 module from there?

I tried to get libapache2-mod-php5 from the repository and I received this info stating lots of psa packages would be removed...

server1:/etc/apache2# apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED
libapache2-mod-php4 libpam-plesk miva-ssl-stub php4 php4-ioncube-loader ppwse psa psa-api psa-api-rpc
psa-appvault-advancedpoll psa-appvault-autoindex psa-appvault-b2evolution psa-appvault-bbclone
psa-appvault-coppermine psa-appvault-cslh psa-appvault-docfaq psa-appvault-egroupware psa-appvault-fasttrack
psa-appvault-gallery psa-appvault-geeklog psa-appvault-gtchat psa-appvault-mambo psa-appvault-merchant
psa-appvault-openbiblio psa-appvault-oscommerce psa-appvault-owl psa-appvault-phpads psa-appvault-phpbb
psa-appvault-phpbook psa-appvault-phpbugtracker psa-appvault-phpdig psa-appvault-phpmoney psa-appvault-phpmyfamily
psa-appvault-phpsurveyor psa-appvault-phpwebsite psa-appvault-phpwiki psa-appvault-plog psa-appvault-pmachinefree
psa-appvault-postnuke psa-appvault-siteframe psa-appvault-tellme psa-appvault-tutos psa-appvault-typo
psa-appvault-uebimiau psa-appvault-webcalendar psa-appvault-webshopmanager psa-appvault-wordpress
psa-appvault-xrms psa-atis psa-awstats-configurator psa-backup-manager psa-cs-gs psa-fileserver psa-firewall
psa-horde psa-imp psa-ingo psa-kav psa-kronolith psa-manual-custom-skin-guide psa-migration-manager psa-mimp
psa-miva psa-mnemo psa-passwd psa-php4-configurator psa-qmail-rblsmtpd psa-rubyrails-configurator psa-sbm3
psa-spamassassin psa-turba psa-updates psa-vpn psa-watchdog sb-publish
The following NEW packages will be installed
libapache2-mod-php5
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 75 to remove and 6 not upgraded.

Solved it.

I downloaded the libapache2-mod-php5 module for apaache2 and installed using dpkg with force-confilcts:

dpkg -i --force-conflicts libapache2-mod-php5_5.2.0-8+etch7_i386.deb

and then updated the load module in apache config to :

LoadModule php5_module /usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so

Thanks for all the help and advice!

root@flosoft:~# apt-cache search psa-php
psa-php4-configurator - Plesk configurator for php4
root@flosoft:~#

No php5 :(

Originally posted by webeffect
What is your installation dependent on?

root@flosoft:~# apt-get -f install
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Correcting dependencies...Done
The following packages will be REMOVED
libapache2-mod-php5
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 16 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives.
After unpacking 6132kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

My system still says that when I run the command apt-get -f install. I pretty much have to keep adding the apache php5 module each time.

we are talking about debian, right ?

what is in your /etc/apt/sources.list ?

im in the same case, but on my vps there is no sources.list file. Im on debian etch and although php5 packages are installed there is no libphp5.so on the system.
Could someone help me out, what sources should i put to reinstall the php5 packages ?

Back