• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

phpMyAdmin Export Including Session Key

S

Superman859

When I do a dump via phpMyAdmin through Plesk interface, it appends the phpMyAdmin session key it seems to all links that I have stored in the database. For example, if

<a href="page.php"> is in the database, it becomes <a href="page.php?phpMyAdmin=key">

I've tried adjusting settings, and it still always happens.

After looking around briefly, someone mentioned it should be fixed in newer versions of phpMyAdmin. However, Plesk has been using 2.8.2.4 for a very long time now (I'm trying to do a dump of a database to move from one server running plesk 8.3 to another I am setting up with Plesk 8.6).

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know why phpMyAdmin is appending these during the export process (I double checked - the links are clean in the database, but not in the .sql file I downloaded). Is there a way around it with the current setup in Plesk?

You could dump the database using mysqldump on the command line or install a newer version of phpMyAdmin and see if that changes anything.

Just a quick update. I did install phpMyAdmin 2.11 temporarily to see if that fixed it (couldn't install 3.0 because php5 isn't on the Plesk 8.3 server). phpMyAdmin 2.11 did fix the issue.

Is there any reason why Plesk does not offer newer versions of phpMyAdmin when they update Plesk to the next version? It seems they might as well include the latest stable release - it's surely something that most people who have Plesk installed use (as opposed to all the applications in the applications vault).

You'd have to ask Parallels. They probably have to modify phpMyAdmin a bit to integrate it in Plesk, so they probably don't like upgrading their package with every upstream update. But since there are problems with the version they ship currently, I'd make them aware of it. Try the Suggestions and Feedback forum.

Back