• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved phusion passenger application is supposed to run on Plesk and throws an error

proton23

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.52
Hi,
I am trying to run an instance of openhab Cloud on my server which is administered with Plesk.
It wasn’t working yet, but I already had the site up and running. Since there was an error, I wanted to set up the page again and since then I always get the following error:
[ D 2023-06-06 18:20:59.8321 4155856/T1 age/Spa/SpawnEnvSetupperMain.cpp:747 ]: shellName = 'bash' detected as supporting '-l': true
Error_Passenger

Detailed diagnostics shows this:
Detailed_diagnostic
Is this a problem with Plesk? I'm totally stuck and any help is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Best regards

I have no other nodejs app running so I can not say. I've seen this post but since the message there is:
The Phusion Passenger application server tried to start the web application, but this took too much time, so Passenger put a stop to that.

and the message on my site is:
The Phusion Passenger(R) application server tried to start the web application through a Passenger-internal helper tool called the "wrapper". But Passenger was unable to execute that helper tool because it encountered an internal error.

I thought this was a different issue.
I switched to zsh in the meantime but the error remains (with zsh instead of bash). So I don't think removing .bashrc or .zshrc will change anything.

Best regards

Back