• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Phusion passenger pnpm/deno/bun?

Rar9

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22
Plesk version and microupdate number
Latest
How to expand plesk phusion passenger package manager gui to use pnpm / deno / bun instead of only npm/yarn?

I assume that this Uservoice request is yours: bun ?
At the moment there are no plans to integrate drop-in replacements into Plesk as all these projects are half-baked and are lightyears away from a user community size of Node.js. If you still believe it is important to integrate them into Plesk, please vote for the Uservoice feature.

Hi,

stable node comes by default with both npm & pnpm.

So why doesn't plesk at least build passanger to make use of pnpm which is much faster?

Alternative a guide for rebuild/compile phusion_passenger like it exsist for nginx would be great.

Deno feature request is from 2021 with out updates

Bun will be v1 soon.

Most headless system make use of these instead of php.

Deno feature request is from 2021 with out updates
If there was any significant demand for the feature, Plesk would add it. But the truth is: Only from the perspective of current users it appears as an important feature, but the market reality is that hardly anyone is using it (compared to the number of users who are using Node.js).

Bun will be v1 soon.

Most headless system make use of these instead of php.
No, that is not the case.

Anyway, if a feature gets attention by many users or there are indications that it will become a big thing in the future, it will be added. For the time being, Plesk rather focuses development resources on features that have a true demand.

+1 for Bun integration.

I understand that you focus on demanded features, but Bun seems to be kind of a no-brainer.

It's a drop in replacement for node which is faster, has build in support for TS etc.

For me as a lead developer, I supported the use of server with Plesk in our company, because of it's great support of NodeJs, which allows us to deploy Node-Apps in minutes. And through this decision many other Devs in our company worked with plesk and they want to use it in the future.

It might seem to you that it's to early to care about Bun integration, but there are many other developers who decide which server stack will be used in companies and many of them will use Bun. If you show the Dev community that you are at the edge of the time it will definitely help Plesk.

@lefieber, thank you for your post. I also saw your note on the Uservoice case. When you talk about "many other developers" and "many of the will use Bun", could you please provide some proven numbers? What is "many"?

Back