• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Physical/Technical Limit to Restricted Domain List

weltonw

Regular Pleskian
Plesk Guru
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if there is a physical limit to the number of domains I can add to Plesk's prohibited domain list [domain_restriction]

Is there a noticeable performance barrier/impact, or limit if I have, say, 1k domains? 10k domains? 100k domains?

Thanks!

I do not think that anyone held such tests.
It is not clear what could be the reasons for creating such a list from thousands of records.

I do not think that anyone held such tests.
It is not clear what could be the reasons for creating such a list from thousands of records.
In essence, sync already-created domains across multiple Plesk servers so a domain created on one server can't be created again on another. Among other reasons, mainly to make Plesk's DNS cluster work properly and not overwrite zones.

In that case, I'll run some tests

EDIT:

Successfully fit 1k, 3, 5k, and 10k domains with no issue. No noticeable delay when adding to list or provisioning domains. Will try bigger numbers

Last edited:
Back