• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Please help a newbie setting up a bunch of websites for himself?

svedish

New Pleskian
Hi guys,

Sorry if my questions sound incredibly basic, but I am, effectively a newbie with this stuff.

I'm moving away from an old VPS which has shell access and no panel to a VPS I bought here in the UK running CentOS 6 and Plesk 10.x. So far, so good. :)

Now, I need to move a bunch of websites (around 8-10) that are ALL mine, over to this new server and I just want to start with the right foot in terms of users / spaces. What should I do? Create a customer for myself with it's subscriptions or set them all up as subscriptions under myself as an administrator? Also, would I be able to use just one user (also for FTP) as I had on my old server (I.E. the vhost user) or do I need to create a username for each website?

Basically, what I am asking is help with setting this up the right way from the very beginning so I don't have to do this all over again later on. Shall I use a customer? Use subscriptions? Are there other ways of doing this or am I on the right path? Basically I don't know Plesk, I just got my head around very few things, as you can see. I can understand what to do with files and Data Bases after, but I'm missing the users structure of this Plesk.

*Thanks a lot* in advance!

Back