• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Please help with domain.com/webmail access

C

cbtrussell

Hi all,

New to Plesk on Windows. Still bumping into the furniture a bit.

Here's where I'm at so far:

I've upgraded MailEnable Std to MailEnable Pro. After much head banging I finally got the MEPro webmail to work on the main server IP:

server.mydomain.com/webmail

However, I am unable to access webmail via the virtual domains:

www.virtualdomain.com/webmail

or

webmail.virtualdomain.com

I'm sure this is an easy fix but I don't know how to implement a global redirect for the virtual domains...?

At this point things may be FUBAR. Is IIS > localhost > web sites > webmail (default) supposed to be listening on port 8425? If I attempt to go to

webmail.virtualdomain.com:8425

instead of a redirect I get prompted for a Windows login credential. The IME_USER credential doesn't work.

Please help!

Thank you!

Brandon

I May have the same problem.

I have not done anything interesting like upgrading, but instead have an 'out of the box' install that prompts me with a windows login when I type

webmail.game-master.net

(try it an see if that's what you're seeing.)

I contacted plesk support and this is what thay said:

As for your problem - seems there is problem with IUSR password , which has been lost for some reason.

To fix it - please go to IIS>Webmail>Properties>Securiy tab>Edit button(at top) an look on IUSR name, then go to computer mangement and set new password for this user, then set the same password in IIS(for domain in location described above). Then go to application pool (IIS>Application pools>app.pool named as domain)>properties>Identify and set the same password fo IUSR there.

Then restart domain and pool.

--
Thanks,
---------------
Roman Basalyko
Technical Support Engineer
SWsoft, Inc.

Now I have yet to try this as it doesn't seem quite right...
If I change the IUSR_<machine-name> password, won't all access to my website be hosed?

Try this fix at you own risk, but I would really like to get a confirmation from plesk support staff.

--Scissor

Thanks for the reply.

I dont know, that sounds risky. I don't want to try it yet since I wouldn't know how to fix it if everything went south.

I've sent in a ticket with my details, I'll post back here once I get a reply. If you get brave enough to try it, let me know how it goes :)

Brandon

I had also problems with the method published before me.
Like :

1. go to Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups
2. set password to user account IME_USER
3. go to IIS Manager
4. select site "webmail(default)"........................

do not use this method > webmail will not then any longer work

I have some time used to find out as one updates to Enable pro

I have an installation-upgrade guidance written with screnshot under
http://www.xtra-swiss.net/me/
it is several times tested

for a feedback, information or suggestion -please use the following link:
http://forum.sw-soft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19421

Re: I May have the same problem.

Originally posted by Scissor
I contacted plesk support and this is what thay said:
Well lacking any other alternatives, I got the same reply from Plesk support so I tried it to no avail. It didn't fix the problem.

The original problem was a user issue. I am still confused as to which anonymous user is supposed to be associated with webmail(default), webmail(default)(pool), etc, but since it works on the main domain, I have to assume it's OK now. For the record, I uninstalled MEPro and reinstalled it again.

Now I believe the only issue I have is that the global webmail.virtdomain.com redirect is not working. Does anyone know how to make that work?

I'm going to post a new thread with that question.

Thanks,

Brandon

oops wrote a reply, but too soon.. seems like its the same behaviour here

webmail worked for us not ong ago.. hmmm

ok, so now al three web sites using the internet guest account is having problems.. easiest is to go to plesk default site. if you get a login instead then you got problem...

at this point it seems exactly as described by the support, the guest account cannot login and I don't dare change anything..

scissor, could you please ask support what other services depend on the IIS guest account? If I change the password for it, at least the default plesk site, the mssql site, and the webmail site all will be affected. Is there anything else that should be thought of, if changing password for that user?

ok, one way to check that you are getting this prompt because of wrong guest user password is to login with a FTP user credential. if it works, and the IIS is set to use anonymous login with the build in guest account, thre is a missmatch between the user password and the one given by plesk to the iis system.

thanx scissor for pasting this. I stil don't dare to change it without knowing what other things that may be affected..

I'm still waiting to hear back from plesk support, however...

I was going through the MailEnable Diagnostics and found this:

Web Application Configuration Test

The following table outlines the configuration status for WebMail and Web Admin.

Test Detail Test Data Test Response Status
WebMail Virtual Directory WebMail does not appear to be correctly configured as a Virtual Directory under IIS. Please see MailEnable Professional Edition. - Warn

WebAdmin Virtual Directory WebAdmin does not appear to be correctly configured as a Virtual Directory under IIS. Please see MailEnable Professional Edition. - Warn

IIS Security Settings IIS Security Lock Down Test (URLSCAN may inhibit some web applications). URLSCAN does not appear to be active on this server. - Pass

Re: Re: I May have the same problem.

Originally posted by cbtrussell
Well lacking any other alternatives, I got the same reply from Plesk support so I tried it to no avail. It didn't fix the problem.

The original problem was a user issue. I am still confused as to which anonymous user is supposed to be associated with webmail(default), webmail(default)(pool), etc, but since it works on the main domain, I have to assume it's OK now. For the record, I uninstalled MEPro and reinstalled it again.

Now I believe the only issue I have is that the global webmail.virtdomain.com redirect is not working. Does anyone know how to make that work?
Believe it or not, EV1 support fixed it on the first try. I asked them how they did it so I could post it here, but they just closed the ticket without a response.

Brandon

you have your server killed with wrong manipulations.
make a Pleskbackup und install the server new.
only on a clean ground can be further built. that applies to electronics as also for the software.

look me howto's
Install a clean server

Install MailEnable Pro

Restore plesk backup file
sorry, I understand the reaction of the supporters.

I wish you a happe new year and a lucky new install

I'm surprised EV1 support can fix anything..

they can actually be dangerous..

Back