• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10.1.1 and third-party webmail

Markus_Eyrich

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

Did anyone figure out how to install a third-party webmail ? There are no instructions HOW to do it. Did i understand this right? I can, for example, install roundcube mail via this way?

regards,

Markus

Uhm...Hello? Could someone from the staff answer on this? You are introducing a new feature which has no documentation anywhere ?! It's been 2 days since i posted this...

very simpel todo

admin panel / server manegment - > setting >

look in main panel after mail then locate webmail ( last right side)

enter webmail press register webmail

enter name of webmail enter url to webmail ;-)

(off course you allready have it install somewhere but where is up to you)

can be made aviable our unavaible to users.

ohh and the url to the plesk doc on the subject ;-)

http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...inistrator-guide/index.htm?fileName=66411.htm

This is all fine and dandy if you want to install... say 'gmail' and add the webmail service URL as http://www.gmail.com

But what if you want to install RoundCube and Squirrelmail alongside Atmail and HORDE? The url would be http://www.[domain].com.

This facility is seems to be nothing but adding a bookmark. Where am I failing to understand this?

I have it working but....

I tried this under 10.1.1 without success but I recently upgraded to 10.2 and I was able to get the third party email working...sort of.

I installed Roundcube in a subdomain of my primary domain (eg. roundcube.mydomain.com).
I configured the webmail service as indicated in the documentation link that Farsus referenced.
I was now able to select Roundcube in the control panel for a different domain (eg. my2nddomain.com).
I clicked on the "Open Webmail" link on one of the email accounts and it took me to the Roundcube login page.

So far so good.

I then tried to go to webmail.my2nddomain.com but I was taken to the default Plesk hosting page. If I switch back to one of the bundled webmail services then webmail.my2nddomain.com goes the appropriate login screen as ususal.

I looks like 10.2 improved the support but without the webmail subdomain redirect it's only half working.

I then tried to go to webmail.my2nddomain.com but I was taken to the default Plesk hosting page. If I switch back to one of the bundled webmail services then webmail.my2nddomain.com goes the appropriate login screen as ususal.

We're experiencing this problem, too, and this thread is about the same.

Lets pray

Lets hope that someone from Parallels listen ours prayers and can work on this to make RoundCube as a third alternativa to Atmail and Horde. It seems to be a much more advanced webmail and much modern interface my customers will love.

I am using a Windows Plesk VPS and I will love to see this integrated or to integrate it with ease.

Thanks!

Back