• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10.1.1 Cloning the database Stuck

L

leova

hi,

about two weeks ago, i decided to make a copy of the database via plesk
in plesk > databases i selected one database and clicked "make a copy"
the following message keep appearing on top of this page:
"Cloning the database xxx to the database yyy. You will be notified of the progress by e-mail ([email protected])."
i tried to restart plesk/ server, nothing - the message will not go away

1. can i check if the process is still running? how can i cancel it?
2. if process is not running, how can remove this message?

thank you for your help, appreciate it
lk

it is great!
but i'm kind of stuck in 10.1.1
can i remove the message? is the process still running?
thank you

I think that only upgrade to latest Plesk version can help.

Are you sure that you have installed MU#13 for 10.3.1 version?

I have same problem. Even an update to 10.4.4 didn´t help.

BS Linux 2.6.32-38-server
Panel-Version 10.4.4 Update #19, zuletzt aktualisiert am Mär 1, 2012 06:50 AM

How can I stop the process of copying the database, it´s still running and I´m not able to make a new copy of this database:
Cloning the database xxxxx to the database xxxxxxx. You will be notified of the progress by e-mail ([email protected]).

best regards
Peter

Problem is FIXED - It's a bug from Parallel Plesk in version 10.4.4

I bought a service ticket and result was:

I still finding the issue commands they gave in the server and soom as possible I will post here.
After they check that issue is caused by product bug they refund me the service ticket.

So, due to it, status of the task is not updated. I have tuned wait_timeout to 600 and could clone database without any issues. Then reverted the changed value back to 15.

Corresponding report has been filed to Plesk Serivce team and the issue should be fixed in future versions of Plesk Panel. For your reference, request ID is
#1384095: during database cloning mysql connection is not re-established by Plesk backend

As workaround, you may increase wait_timeout value up to 600 seconds. It should be enough.

As the issue is caused by product bug, I requested $75 refund from our customer support in accordance with our refund policy:
http://www.parallels.com/support/policy/

The refund has been approved and your money should be refunded within next 7 business days to your PayPal account. In case if refund is delayed, please, contact our customer support service and refer to the ticket #1382179. You may contact our customer support by submitting the ticket via the form on our website absolutely for free:
https://www.parallels.com/support/request/
(choose 'Customer service and Licensing' in 'Category' field)

This issue is now in capable hands of our Plesk service team and since support team has fulfilled its function in this ticket by receiving problem report and appropriately passing it to upper level and providing workaround for this issue, I am marking this ticket as "Resolved - Pending confirmation".

Here is how to remove the message

When I checked the "Long tasks" table in psa database, I found 8 tasks which were stuck in the server. Please see the snippet given after the reply.

I used the following command to clear the longtasks and now its not showing the message.

#######
delete from longtasks;
Query OK, 8 row affected (0.00 sec)
#######

But maybe can happen again until bug is fixed in product.

Back