• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10.2 Migration Manager and DNS

B

BettaC

Hi

I'm trying to move 500ish domains from an old Plesk server to a new plesk server. when I use the migration manager to move an individual site it fails to move the custom A records from the DNS zone.

Example: domain.com may have a custom a record of office.domain.com with an ip of 1.1.1.1 (1.1.1.1 may be a DSL services of the customers office). All of these records fail to move with the rest of the customer migration. However custom MX records migrate fine.

Old Server = Ubuntu 8.04 32bit, Plesk 10.2
New Server = Ubuntu 10.04 64bit, Plesk 10.2

I don't know if this is by design from parallels, a bug in plesk or a fault with just my setup. Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Yes, it is known issue and we have already submitted corresponding bugreport. I have updated bugreport with reference to this post. I hope it will be fixed in the next Plesk version.

We've had the same issue here. Luckily not many domains had this and a quick grep -R of /var/named/run-root/ on the older server told us which domains had these. We were then able to input these using the control panel on the new one.
Still it has caused a few problems as it took us a little while to work out that this was happening.
Is there any resolution on this yet?

P.S. Interestingly if there is an A record pointing to an IP on the new server it fails to migrate that too.

Back