• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10.3 Performance issues with backupjobs

K

kaizer

After migrating to Plesk 10.3 on Debian 6, the server performance is slow (or sometimes unavailable) during a backup job. This cause the whole server to be unavailable, and that is not good.

I started a backup for a large domain, and the whole server is unavailable. No users can access their websites, and I can not access Plesk webadmin.

This is horrible. See enclosed screenshot when running "top -i" command during a backup job.

Attachments

• ssh.jpg
    ssh.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 14
I have the same problem. any idea how to fix it?

for the moment we have the backup disable, we have a project with 3Gb and when the backup start, he whole server is unavailable.

Actually, there is no point of posting suggestions of bugs here in this forum, because they won't listen to you anyway.

Here is what Igor wrote to me regarding a problem, which I suspect is a bug:

"Sorry, but you should prove that you have found a bug, instead of we should find it on your server. Otherwise it looks like request for free support. Prove to us that you have found a bug and if you can't - contact support team. If they really find there a bug - they will send bugreport to developers and you will be refunded for support. I think that it is correct workflow." - See thread: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=113100

Isn't it funny that the customer have to prove when we suspect a bug in the software. Well, it isn't my job to spend lots of time investigating a complex system.

Ignorance is bliss!!!

I hope very much that you will understand me. It is a forum, a place for discussions. It not a support helpdesk because we can't login on your server and investigate problem there. Only Support Team can do it. And if they really find a bug, they send bugreport to developers. At a forum I send bugreports to developers too but only when you collect necessary details for us because I can't login to you on the server and collect it by myself. I don't work in technical support and I have no rights to login on your server.
Special template has been specially published for this purpose.
It is a forum, and anybody to anybody is obliged nothing here. But we help how we can within the limits of forum format and many people are grateful to us for it.
I hope, now you have understood me better.

There has been a vast 10 fold improvement with support here on the forums.

Previously absolutely nothing at all was acted upon here. You might get some ideas or perhaps a solution from another that paid for a support ticket.

Policy was always pay for a support ticket. If the bug is proven to be in plesk, at the end you could get a refund.

Over the last year, there has been free support offered here, mostly with IgorG (another few parallels people as well).

Things have improved and progressed a lot and it's a very positive step forward.

Now have you in your backup settings:

Tools and Utilities / Backup Manager

Suspend domains until backup task is completed is not selected?

Settings / Backup Settings

Run scheduled backup processes with low priority is selected?

Last edited:
This issue have now been reported, and the ticket ID is: 1202423
So I will update you guys when the case is closed.

I will monitor this ticket too. Now ticket in progress and I hope that reason will be found fastly.

Back