• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10.4.4 and .NET Framwork 4.5

Benjamin Wakefield

New Pleskian
Hello Plesk Community!

We have a Plesk for Windows server, which is in need of an upgrade.

The upgrade process from Plesk 10 to Plesk 12, is something I'd rather not attempt. After reading a number of forum posts it would be better to spin up a new server and migrate sites across to a clean installation of Plesk 12.

In the meantime, we have a customer who requires .NET Framework 4.5, now.

I have read Plesk 10 doesn't support .NET Framework 4.5.

I was wondering if "support" mean it couldn't be controlled via the Plesk interface...

I don't see a reason why I couldn't install the .NET Framework on the server and manually configure that site...

...or would installing .NET Framework 4.5, somehow break Plesk?

If anyone has any suggestions or comments I'd be grateful for any input.

Thanks

You can use .NET Framework 4.5 on your new Plesk 12.x server where it is supported.

thanks for your response IgorG.

I know I can use it on Plesk 12.x.

I need to know if I install it on our current Plesk 10.x server if it will break anything.

Thanks

Thanks IgorG

Before I posted here I read as much as I could. I understand .NET Framework isn't supported my Plesk 10.x

That is why I am posting the question here, to find out if anyone had installed .NET Framework 4.5 with Plesk 10.x and what happened.

Regards

Back