1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 10.4.4 | Behind firewall

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by fearz, Mar 27, 2012.

1. fearz

fearz Regular Pleskian

57%
    Hello,

Since Plesk 10.4 (Prior to 10.3) I am not able to connect to my control panel from behind firewalls that block plesk port...

Is there anyone who has a similar successful configuration?

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
  3. fearz

fearz Regular Pleskian

57%
    Thank you for your fast response, but no...

I meant that I want to access my control panel while I am behind a firewall that blocks outgoing plesk port...

There was a way of editing vhost.conf & vhost_ssl.conf - since I upgraded to Plesk 10.4 - it stopped working, although both conf files are the same...

4. fearz

fearz Regular Pleskian

57%
    and to be more specific, since 10.4.4 update exactly this problem appeared, now what have you done to vhost.conf & vhost_ssl.conf ? it seems like it is ignored or something

5. fearz

fearz Regular Pleskian

57%
    when i moved my conf files from /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/subdomains/sub/conf to /var/www/vhosts/subdomain/conf - it worked, now WHY did you guys moved this?

What if my client want to have custom configs like what I did? how will he access that dir if its not in home directory???