1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 10.4.4 & bind daily failure

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Oddst, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Oddst

Oddst New Pleskian

57%
    Plesk 10.4.4 & bind daily failure <SOLVED>

PLESK 10.4.4 has a known issue that has been as far as i can tell, remained unresolved since at least Nov 25th. I have had daily issues with PLESK 10.4.4 due to a bug in the way it handles bind. I'm pretty upset since it's made my life hell for two weeks.

Solution is here : /usr/local/psa/bin/dns --add <your.domain> -ns "" -nameserver ns.<your.domain>

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  2. Oddst

Oddst New Pleskian

57%
    Meh...

Plesk 10.4.4 kills bind.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2011
  3. Oddst

Oddst New Pleskian

57%
    To be fair... SOLVED

PLESK support does respond to support request and the techs do their best to resolve issue. However I don't feel I should have to deal with bind dying everytime i add an account or domain name.

Fix is here /usr/local/psa/bin/dns --add <your.domain> -ns "" -nameserver ns.<your.domain>