• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10.4.4, Email User Control Panel Login

M

md3vxx

We have recently migrated from Plesk 9.5 to Plesk 10.4.4. There have been a number of hurdles (mainly involving 4PSA software) but we are nearly through the worst of it.

We have a very simple requirement of allowing email account owners within a domain (e.g. [email protected]) be able to browse to the control panel, https://server.com:8443 and login with their email address and password in order to manage their own Mail Responder and Forwarding. This functionality existed in Plesk 7, 8 and 9 and whilst I am fully aware of the changes in user accounts (Reseller -> Customer -> (Subscription) Domain) this doesn't explain or justify removing this feature.

Any user attempting to login to the control panel to manage their account receives error: "You have entered incorrect username or password."

Within the PSA DB -> Mail -> Mail_Name there is no control panel variable.

If anyone has a work around or solution it would be much appreciated.

Christopher.

Does any one have any updates or information on this issue?

Christopher.

Yes, waiting for the solution. This is a show stopper, as email users are unable to change their passwords, let alone manage their forwarding and other options.

Looks like I found a solution.

Create a new Role "E-Mail User" without any permissions: make sure all permission switches are set to "Denied".

For existing email users: create a new Panel User, choose "Use an external e-mail address" option and specify a user's existing email address. Even though the Panel password and the email password may be different at this stage, the user may now log in to the Panel and change their password: it will be set both for Panel access and email (thankfully).

For new users: simply create a new user with the "Create an e-mail address under your account" option: both email and Panel users will be created with the same password.

There is of course a lot of manual work involved if you have an exisitng user base. Plus, considering the unpredictability, inconsistency, some idiocy and glitchiness of Plesk updates in the past, you may expect all kinds of surprises in future updates, too.

One caveat though: when deleting users, make sure you delete both the Panel and E-Mail users: they are separate entities in the system.

Overall, all these changes in Plesk 10.x make no sense other than making server management more and more difficult. What next?

Sorry, I've tried reproduce your problem and didn't catch where I am wrong. I was used the following:

1. Setuped PP 9.5.4 and PP 10.4.4 with MU12.
2. Created domain with email account with CP access on 9.5.4.
3. Migrated only this domain using rsync from 9.5.4 to 10.4.4.
4. After that I've successfully login into panel using mail address of mail account.

If I've mistaken - please correct me and I will try reproduce again using your steps. As well it's interesting review your migration logs - especially related with PMM (rsession, msession, migration.log and so on).

Today I got same problem with mail users. One of my clients asked how to users can log in to panel and enable "Auto reply". There is 200+ mailboxes on domain. I discovered that all users exists only in "Mail" tab and can't log in to panel. I can't understand logic of creating only mail users without ability to log in to panel. I think when creating mail user by default it MUST be created in "Users" tab with "Application role". In other way I can't understand why these features exists.

Back