• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10.4.4 on Ubuntu: "Error: The license key is invalid."

mivola

New Pleskian
Hello,

I'm using Plesk on a server hosted by Strato, Germany.

I updated Plesk to 10.4.4. and downloaded the key for "Plesk 10" from the Strato Customer Support site.

I uploaded the key in my Plesk installation but get the following error message:
========================
Error: The license key is invalid. In order to use the Panel, please obtain and install a new valid license key.
The license key is intended only for use with Parallels Panel operating inside a Parallels Virtuozzo Containers virtual environment.
========================

It seems to me that the key expiration date is not the problem:
Next license key update : May 5, 2012
Key expiration date : May 15, 2012

I also checked the log files in /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/ but the key_update_log and the httpsd_error_log are empty.

What could be the problem? Is the second sentence in the error message ("use ... inside a Parallels Virtuozzo Containers") the root cause? The server I'm using is (and always was) based on Virtuozzo, so I dont know how Plesk might "think" it is running NOT inside Virtuozzo after the update. How can I check and repair this?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Michael

Hello,

any hints on that problem? I have exactly the same situation. I updated my system as recommended, and now my key is not valid anymore. I guess it is totally the same like Michael explained.

Any solutions?

Are you sure that you have Virtuozzo container but not XEN or KVM? What sort of output following commands:

# uname -a
# df

for 'uname -a' I get:

xxxxx.stratoserver.net 2.6.18-028stab091.2 #1 SMP Fri Jun 3 00:0240 MSD 2011 i686 GNU/Linux

for 'df' I get:

Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/vzfs 52428800 31497064 20931736 61% /

Does that help? I'm using the licence I got from Strato, which is the provider of the server.

Output:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 15 2012-03-10 11:04 /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/filwrpr -> ../sbin/wrapper

Change owner and group to psaadm. It should be

# ls -la /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/filwrpr*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 psaadm psaadm 15 22. Mцєr 17:07 /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/filwrpr -> ../sbin/wrapper

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately I'm not able to change the owner. Chown is not giving any error nor feedback.

I tried:

Code:
chown psaadm:psaadm /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/filwrpr

Unfortunately I'm not at home, so I don't have my normal tools like WinSCP. I assume it is related to the fact that this file is just a shortcut, right?

Unfortunately, I haven't Ubuntu Virtuozzo Container for checking exactly how it should be. But maybe someone will help you here.

Thank you Igor, changing the owner was solving my problem. Before I was just changing the owner of the shortcut itself, but after going to the correct file I was solving the problem. Once again, thank you very much.

Thank you Igor, changing the owner was solving my problem. Before I was just changing the owner of the shortcut itself, but after going to the correct file I was solving the problem. Once again, thank you very much.

Hi Felix,

What did you do to get this working?

I have changed the owner and the group to psaadm on files:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/filemng
/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/wrapper

and also chmod to 777 for both.

I am still getting the error:
The license key is invalid. In order to use the Panel, please obtain and install a new valid license key.

I have tried restarting etc.

Did you do anything else to fix this?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back