• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk 10.4.4 overwriting workers.properties

IsaacT

Basic Pleskian
I recently upgraded to plesk 10.4.4 from 9.5 and had to move my workers.properties file to /etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties.

I have now noticed that the file has repeatedly been overwritten with a default workers.properties file. Like plesk has some place it stores a default one, and any time the server restarts it overwrites it. Is that the case?

Is there any way to keep this file from getting overwritten? or is there a way I can have apache ignore that file, and have my own workers.properties somewhere else?

I have a backup of the file on my server so its very quick for me to replace it and restart httpd to have things up and running correctly, but would be nice not to have to do that.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm not sure if its something plesk itself is doing or not. I haven't tracked down anything solid yet. But any help from anyone here would be appreciated.

Or if someone has any other suggestions then using the workers.properties file to control how apache passes to tomcat I would appreciate it. I have two instances of tomcat, one per domain, so the standard workers.properties file plesk creates when you tell it to use mod_jk won't work.

Thanks

Looks like plesk just auto updated to the latest version. Didn't even know 10.4 did that. But anyway when it updated it again deleted my custom workers.properties file aNd replaced it with a default one.

Does anyone have any thoughts. Or know where I can look to find a possible solution? Thanks.

I got the same problem. Any one got any updates on this?

I'm facing the same problem, unfortunately am no Plesk wizard, and can't make much of the event handler approach suggested by PaulyG. Is there a step-by-step workaround available somewere, too?

I've always used a modified workers.properties file withour problems until Plesk got updated to 10.4. This changed Plesk behaviour is really annoying; if this is intended, does anyone know of matching documentation as well? If it is unintended, is there a way to post this as a bug?

Ron

Ok,

I've found this file: /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/server/tomcat.php, which contains the template that overwrites /etc/apache2/workers.properties on each apache httpd reconfiguration.

One option could be to 'hack' this template and make it write the workers.properties file you want. I've tried this, it works, but I have no clue at all whether this tomcat.php file will be overwritten at some time...

Anyway, this feels like an unstable hack and I'm not comfortable with it. Is there a better way to make Plesk integrate other worker definitions in a workers.properties file?

Ron

Same problem for me too. Plesk got upgraded at 3am in the morning and down went Tomcat.
I'm going to have to try the hack Ron suggested above.
Has anybody come up with a more robust solution?

Cheers

Regan

I switched over to using mod proxy and mod ajp proxy. then just setup a proxypass for the ajp port for each specific tomcat instance for each of my domains that needed to pass things.

works great, and the micro updates that auto install no longer cause my sites to go down because of the overwritten workers file.

Thx for your reply. Switching to ajp proxy worked out of the box! Nethertheless, plesk should provide a mechanism to include custom worker.properties.

Ok,

I've found this file: /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/default/server/tomcat.php, which contains the template that overwrites /etc/apache2/workers.properties on each apache httpd reconfiguration.

One option could be to 'hack' this template and make it write the workers.properties file you want. I've tried this, it works, but I have no clue at all whether this tomcat.php file will be overwritten at some time...

Anyway, this feels like an unstable hack and I'm not comfortable with it. Is there a better way to make Plesk integrate other worker definitions in a workers.properties file?

Ron

can you please share your newly created tomcat.php ??

Best regards

Back