• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

PLESK 10.4.4 Upgrade PAM module error

Ernie@

Basic Pleskian
I'm upgrading from 10.3.1 to 10.4.4 on CentOS 5.7. During the Parallels Panel pre-upgrade check, a warrning says,
WARNING: The PAM configuration is in inconsistent state. If you proceed with the installation, the required PAM modules will not be installed and the upgrade procedure will fail. Some PAM services reference the following nonexistent services: password-auth.

I've resinstalled the pam-0.99.6.2-6.el5_5.2, but not help.

I've the following PAM modules installed,

psa-libpam-plesk-10.12.0-cos5.build1012110629.18
pam_pkcs11-0.5.3-23
pam-0.99.6.2-6.el5_5.2
pam_smb-1.1.7-7.2.1
pam-devel-0.99.6.2-6.el5_5.2
pam_krb5-2.2.14-21.el5
pam_ccreds-3-5
pam_passwdqc-1.0.2-1.2.2

how can I fix this problem? Or, can I just ignore this warning?

Thanks.

Same problem

Hello,
I have the same problem.
I see http://kb.parallels.com/en/112944 but it's the same.
i try to rename config file or comment line of pam that you said but i have aolways the same warming in my plesk panel update:

The PAM configuration is in inconsistent state. If you proceed with the installation, the required PAM modules will not be installed and the upgrade procedure will fail. Some PAM services reference the following nonexistent services: password-auth.

Can i try to update from 10.1.1 to 10.4 whith this warming ?
What is the risk ?

Thanks for your help.

I paid two plesk licence all month for 2 servers and i have alway problem in each update.
And my network administrator never help me.
I seriously thing to get another system...

Back