• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk pre-upgrade checking: ERROR ModSecurity IIS module is absent.

3antarNet

New Pleskian
Hello,

I just completed a successful upgrade from Plesk 12.5.30 to Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 with no errors on a Windows Server 2012 R2

But now when I want to upgrade from Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.44 I get the following error:

Plesk pre-upgrade checking...
ERROR: Either 32-bit or 64-bit ModSecurity IIS module is absent.
Proceeding with installation or upgrade without resolving the issues that were found can corrupt your data.

Can anyone please explain to me what does that mean and what can be done to resolve it.

The reason why I'm updating Plesk is because I want to use the latest version of PHP, which I've read somewhere that it can be done by just updating Plesk.

Of course I have backed up the whole server prior, but I still don't want to continue the upgrade until this gets resolved

Open IIS Manager > <SERVER HOSTNAME> > Modules, and check that ModSecurity IIS (32bits) or ModSecurity IIS (64bits) is enabled.

OK I have followed the steps on the link you posted and the installation of ModSecurity IIS was successful
I checked in ISS Manager (Modules) and it now shows ModSecurity IIS (64bits)

But when I go to Tools & Settings > Updates and Upgrades to upgrade Plesk, I get this page error:

The connection has timed out
An error occurred during a connection to localhost:8447.

EDIT:

I now also have this error showing up in the header:
Failed to update Plesk. To solve this problem, you can send the update log to Plesk support. View the update logs (June 23, 2022). Copy the logs to your computer before you close this message. To close this message, click here.

Log:

Execution failed.
Command: ai.exe
Arguments: Array
(
[0] => --select-product-id
[1] => panel
[2] => --select-release-current
[3] => --upgrade-installed-components
)

Details: ERROR: The installation of the package 'ext-wp-toolkit' failed with code 1. (upgrade: Upgrading WordPress Toolkit extension...)
Not all packages were installed.
Please contact product technical support.

Sorry for double posting (can't edit post above)

But all of the sudden now I'm not able to access Plesk:

Server Error​

Plesk\Exception\Database​

DB query failed: SQLSTATE[08S01]: Communication link failure: 1053 Server shutdown in progress, query was: SELECT `sessions`.* FROM `sessions` WHERE (`sess_id` = '1e5adc286506c15b25e11081a411c77f')

Make sure that MySQL server is up and running.
I suggest you contact Plesk Support Team. Their assistance for this upgrade is required.

Back