• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 10.4 migration manager

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
This morning at 9:30, I asked for the migration of TWO small hostings, between two fast PLESK servers with a decent network between them.

It is now 11:00, and it is still at 50%. I know that in a few minutes or hours it will finish or crash with "deployer already running" or "conflicts detected",
or something equally creative.

This is not a migration tool, it's a torture tool.

Unfortunately if this problem is anything like the ones I've seen several times, there won't be anything useful in the logs. Both servers continue to communicate with each other, the logs update (always the same data being written over and over), but MM gets stuck in some sort of loop and there's no progress.

The way I get round this is to do a test migration and time it (those test migrations usually work, and are to a fresh install). If the real migration takes much longer I know it has got stuck and I abort, restore, and try again. It usually works the second time.

I know none of this is useful to anyone - I have no useful debug data to provide I'm afraid.

We've run into this a lot if you're migrating from Plesk 8/9 to 10 and trying to use the rsync method. Of course the non-rsync method may fail completely if you don't have enough disk space to tar up an entire site, in which case your only option left is to move the large stuff out of the areas the migration tool will grab, run it again, then put things back and rsync the files manually.

Back